There are numerous volunteer opportunities for RISD students, alumni, faculty and staffto be involved in Project Open Door (POD); these include but are not limited to:
- Participating in a critique of a POD teen's work.
- Touring POD teens around undergraduate or graduate "Open Studios".
- Meeting with a POD teen to review her/his college application.
- Assisting a POD teen develop his/her college application essay.
- Giving a talk to POD teens about work as an artist or designer.
- Giving a presentation about how you got to be a RISD student and about your major as a part of POD's outreach program to Rhode Island public schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a volunteer, how much time will it involve?
- It depends on your schedule and your level of involvement. Some volunteer opportunities are, for instance, one-time, for an hour, while others may require a weekly commitment of a couple of hours.
Where is Project Open Door located?
- POD's studio is located at 355 South Water Street. However, in addition to programming there, POD operates after-school programs at various partner public high schools in Central Falls, Pawtucket, Providence and Woonsocket.
If I am interested in volunteering, can I stop by and learn more before I make a commitment to volunteer?
- Of course! - feel free to come visit us at 355 South Water Street. We are available Tuesdays through Fridays, late afternoon, early evening and on Saturday mornings.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org